Skip to main content

Featured

Best fruit trees for Concepcion, Misamis Occidental

Concepcion, Misamis Occidental has a warm tropical climate with abundant rainfall, making it suitable for many tropical fruit trees. Here are the best fruit trees for the area: Excellent choices 🥭 Carabao Mango – high market demand, drought-tolerant once established. 🌳 Lanzones – thrives in humid conditions; one of the best long-term investments. 🌰 Durian – grows well with high rainfall and deep, well-drained soil. ❤️ Rambutan – highly productive in Northern Mindanao. 🟣 Mangosteen – prefers humid climates with partial shade when young. 🍈 Jackfruit (Langka) – easy to grow and bears heavily. 🍊 Calamansi – suitable for home gardens and commercial production. 🍈 Pomelo – performs well with proper drainage. Also recommended 🥑 Avocado 🍌 Banana 🌴 Coconut 🍍 Pineapple 🍋 Lemon 🍒 Starfruit (Balimbing) 🫐 Santol 🍎 Atis (Sugar Apple) 🌺 Guyabano (Soursop) 🌿 Cacao (can be intercropped with coconut or banana) If your farm is in upland or rolling terrai...

My Journey Investing in Mutual Funds (A Filipino Story of Growth)

 

It Started in a Simple Financial Seminar

I still remember that day clearly.

I was sitting in a small seminar room in Zamboanga City, not really expecting anything life-changing. Like many Filipinos, I thought:

“Okay na siguro ang mag-ipon sa bangko.”

But then the speaker asked a question that hit me hard:

“Kung mag-iipon ka lang, yayaman ka ba?”

I paused.

Because deep inside… I knew the answer.

👉 Hindi sapat ang ipon lang.


💭 My Old Mindset: Save First, Dream Later

Before I discovered investing, my routine was simple:

  • Save whatever is left

  • Keep it in the bank

  • Avoid risks

I felt “safe”… but I was not growing.

In seminars, they always say:

“Saving protects your money. Investing grows it.”

That was my turning point.


🚀 Discovering Mutual Funds

📊 My First Exposure to Investing

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

That same seminar introduced me to mutual funds, particularly IMG Soldivo Funds under International Marketing Group.

At first, I was hesitant.

Questions filled my mind:

  • “Safe ba ito?”

  • “What if mawala ang pera ko?”

  • “Paano kung mali ang decision ko?”

But then the speaker explained something simple:

“Hindi ito get-rich-quick. This is slow, steady, long-term growth.”

That gave me confidence.


💸 My First Step: Starting Small

I didn’t start big.

👉 I started with ₱1,000.

Yes—just ₱1,000.

And that’s something many Filipinos don’t realize:

“Hindi kailangan malaki agad. Kailangan magsimula.”


📉 The Emotional Rollercoaster

😅 When the Market Goes Down

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

There were moments when:

  • My investment value went down

  • I felt nervous

  • I wanted to pull out

In one seminar in Davao City, I heard this line:

“If you panic, you lose. If you stay, you grow.”

That stuck with me.


📈 Learning to Trust the Process

🌱 The Power of Consistency

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I continued investing monthly:

  • ₱1,000

  • Then ₱2,000 when I could

Slowly, I learned about:

  • Peso-cost averaging

  • Long-term investing

  • Compounding

And over time…

👉 I started seeing growth.

Not instant. Not explosive.

But real.


💡 Seminar Scenario That Changed Me

In a seminar in Manila, a speaker shared two people:

Person A:

  • Saved money for 10 years

  • No investments

Person B:

  • Invested consistently for 10 years

The result?

👉 Person B had significantly more wealth.

That’s when I realized:

“Time in the market beats timing the market.”


🧠 Lessons I Learned Along the Way

1. 💯 Start Small but Start Now

Waiting for “extra money” delays everything.

2. ⏳ Time is Your Greatest Asset

The earlier you start, the easier it gets.

3. 📉 Market Drops Are Normal

Growth is never a straight line.

4. 🔄 Consistency Beats Perfection

Even small monthly investments matter.


💬 A Realization I’ll Never Forget

One speaker said:

“Ang investment mo ngayon… future mo yan.”

That hit differently.

Because suddenly, investing wasn’t just about money…

👉 It was about security, freedom, and peace of mind.


🛠️ My Current Strategy

Today, I follow a simple system:

  • Emergency fund first

  • Monthly investment in IMG Soldivo Funds

  • Long-term mindset (10–20 years)

No shortcuts. No hype.

Just discipline.


🚀 Final Reflection

Looking back, I’m grateful I attended that seminar.

Because it changed how I see money.

From:
👉 “Mag-ipon lang”

To:
👉 “Palaguin ang pera”

Related Topics

                                IMG Soldivo Funds

Comments